This evening I spent some time going through old posts. I’m amazed at how my writing has evolved, and also how much more content I have in each post.
Like every other fashion obsessed human being, I have favourite magazines and blogs that are my ‘go to’ inspiration sites.
I could list the typical ones like Pinterest (which I love), but I thought I’d share with you my ‘bibles’.
- Vogue – of course I’d pick Vogue, it is quite literally the biggest and most popular magazine out there. When I look at things in Vogue, my first thought is ‘love that, but too expensive’. My second thought is how can I find something similar, but at a smaller price? When I lived in the UK, I’d frequent H&M, Zaram and last but not least, Primark. In NZ I go to places like Glassons, Just Jeans and H&M (thank fuck they finally brought H&M over).
- Fashion Quarterly – a magazine filled with amazing fashion. I don’t really need to say much more.
- WeWoreWhat – This is a great blog for fashion inspiration. I was going to choose my favourite outfit post, but there are just too many to choose from.
- Man Repeller – If you haven’t heard of Man Repeller where have you been? Feminists, relationships, lifestyle, fashion…Man Repeller writes about a variety of subjects – it’s one of those websites I have bookmarked on every single piece of technology I own. I just visited the website and refound this article from last year: Are You Happy?
- Zanita – I just love this blog. No explanation needed, but I’ll give one anyway! Fashion, beauty and lifestyle. I love reading lifestyle articles too 🙂
I was going to leave this at 5, but then I remembered about The Sensible Stylista.
All these blogs and mags get me so excited about fashion 😀
All of these blogs and magazines are ones I look at a lot for fashion, lifestyle and beauty inspiration.
Shoes are probably my favourite item of all time. Not so long ago I boasted 30 pairs of shoes in my wardrobe. But, I have downsized since then and kept a ‘capsule wardrobe of shoes’.
It is so hard to just decide on 3 pairs of shoes that I LOVE, but I tried my best.
I’m currently hunkered down in a small motel. Well, when I say motel I really mean an old plane from the 1940s which has been converted into a motel room. The cockpit has another bedroom, however it is too cold to sleep up there tonight.
Since it has been so cold, I’ve had to think carefully about the sorts of clothes to wear. I’m not in Auckland anymore.
I haven’t had to wear this many layers since living in the UK. Crazy.
My favourite winter item is jumpers. I love jumpers. They are cozy and warm and suit so many different outfits.
I didn’t have much to do tonight once arriving at the motel, so I spent my time creating new outfits.
Everyone has lazy days and I love nothing more than wearing a pair of comfy trackies at home, but I will not grace you with those photos. Instead, I thought I would show you what I wear when I’m just having a lazy Sunday – which usually involves a walk along the beach and then a cup of tea at a cafe.
Budgets. Aren’t they annoying? Those pesky little things you have to keep an eye on when you shop? Budget shopping is annoying, especially when you see something you really, really love. So, to help me when I have to shop on a budget, I just follow some of these steps.
One of my favourite dresses at the moment is a Miss Patina sundress.
Yes, the title is a pun. It makes me laugh, but I can’t guarantee that you will. (Honestly, who doesn’t love Owl puns? And Otter puns too!).
My outfit today and yesterday (yes, I am a believer of wearing the same outfit two days in a row on the weekend), consisted of an owl dress from Middelburg and brown suede shoes from New Look. My denim jacket is from Glamorous.
When I was in Italy, I heard about these bags called “O bag”. According to the tour leader, they were very popular. And sure enough, when I started looking, I noticed many women had an O bag. The tour leader did too. And that pretty much sealed my decision (and may other’s on the tour), that I must get an ‘O-Bag’.
I love shopping, and so when I have to be on a strict budget (YAY I START WORK IN 2 WEEKS), I find it really hard.