This evening I spent some time going through old posts. I’m amazed at how my writing has evolved, and also how much more content I have in each post.
Like every other fashion obsessed human being, I have favourite magazines and blogs that are my ‘go to’ inspiration sites.
I could list the typical ones like Pinterest (which I love), but I thought I’d share with you my ‘bibles’.
- Vogue – of course I’d pick Vogue, it is quite literally the biggest and most popular magazine out there. When I look at things in Vogue, my first thought is ‘love that, but too expensive’. My second thought is how can I find something similar, but at a smaller price? When I lived in the UK, I’d frequent H&M, Zaram and last but not least, Primark. In NZ I go to places like Glassons, Just Jeans and H&M (thank fuck they finally brought H&M over).
- Fashion Quarterly – a magazine filled with amazing fashion. I don’t really need to say much more.
- WeWoreWhat – This is a great blog for fashion inspiration. I was going to choose my favourite outfit post, but there are just too many to choose from.
- Man Repeller – If you haven’t heard of Man Repeller where have you been? Feminists, relationships, lifestyle, fashion…Man Repeller writes about a variety of subjects – it’s one of those websites I have bookmarked on every single piece of technology I own. I just visited the website and refound this article from last year: Are You Happy?
- Zanita – I just love this blog. No explanation needed, but I’ll give one anyway! Fashion, beauty and lifestyle. I love reading lifestyle articles too 🙂
I was going to leave this at 5, but then I remembered about The Sensible Stylista.
All these blogs and mags get me so excited about fashion 😀
All of these blogs and magazines are ones I look at a lot for fashion, lifestyle and beauty inspiration.
Once again, I apologise for the delay in my posting updates. It seems like this keeps happening…I get too busy with life to actually work on my blog and write posts.
I’ve realised that I love blogging, but I only want to post quality…rather than quantity. For a long time I was concerned about the number of likes and follows I got for each post, but I started getting bored because there is only so much I can write about fashion and travel.
I always used to blog. I’d make sure I blogged twice a week. But recently I’ve been quite quiet on here. Moving to London and coming back to the UK from being home for a while has made me do a lot of re-evaluating (to be honest I am always re-evaluating) about my life and where I am going career wise.
Yesterday (Friday) was my birthday. I’m 26 years old and getting closer to 30.
I had a lovely day. I met my brother for pie at the Federal Delicatessen in Auckland City. It is a New York style deli. The pie was delicious (we shared a taster plate – Toffee and Banana, Cheesecake, Pumpkin and Lemon Meringue).
I wanted to post when on holiday but unfortunately I’ve been unwell and am in hospital in the Netherlands.
I was staying with my cousin and if it weren’t for her I probably wouldn’t have gone to the hospital and I probably wouldn’t be here.
I’ll get back to writing as soon as I feel well enough.
Recently I’ve been struggling with blogging because it seems like I have nothing interesting to write about. And I hate just writing rubbish and chucking it up on my blog for the sake of posting something. So, I’ve been taking some steps towards getting my blogging brain back. Hopefully this will help those of you who go through times when your blogging brain just isn’t working!
I currently am struggling a lot with updating my blog.
I’m not in the best job at the moment and when I get home I just don’t feel like blogging.
Hopefully I get my blogging mindset back soon.
Maybe I will try a writing prompt from wordpress.
On Saturday I went to London for a lindy hop social/class. It was heaps of fun. I wish I lived in/near London so that I could go to lessons more often.
Yesterday was Friday. Finally. I love the weekend. I don’t want to wish my life away by being like ‘I can’t wait for the weekend’ all the time. But Friday is by far my favourite day of the week.