Recently I’ve been struggling with blogging because it seems like I have nothing interesting to write about. And I hate just writing rubbish and chucking it up on my blog for the sake of posting something. So, I’ve been taking some steps towards getting my blogging brain back. Hopefully this will help those of you who go through times when your blogging brain just isn’t working!
- I take a big step back away from my blog. I don’t quit writing completely. I do draft ideas and look for travel ideas to put on my blog.
- I go to the shops. I don’t spend a huge amount of money. I’ve been tending to just window shop recently. However, today I did buy some new clothes. Since I’m overseas now (and was unable to bring all my clothes with me), I have a very limited wardrobe. I guess it’s a good thing though because then I know what I actually wear a lot and what I don’t!
- I read. I love reading. I read other blogs, books and magazines. I love reading chick-lit books. It’s a great way to relax.
- I listen to music. Recently I’ve been really inspired by Melanie Safka (if you don’t know who she is, google her NOW!) . Music also helps me relax and I listen to music a lot when I write. It is inspiring.
- I go out. Lately I have been going to Lindy Hop lessons in London. I really enjoy getting out of Clacton. Which is good. When I get to London I always feel like ‘at last…civilisation’. London is so busy and buzzing. I also like going to Colchester. There’s great shopping there. And there is a castle! It’s important to go out and have fun and not just be worrying about my blog or work.
And talking about going out, last night I went to a Queen tribute concert in Colchester.
Best night ever. Danced and sang all night!
The Freddie Mercury even had the trademark moustache and very realistic costume.
My disclaimer: These are my own personal steps to getting my blogging brain back. These may or may not work for you.. Try ’em and see what works best for you!