Job interviews can be scary. However, job interview preparation is one of the most important things you should do before interviewing.
- The first thing you should do is think about your interview outfit. It’s important to look professional and well-dressed no matter what environment the job is in. Whenever I go for a job interview, I ensure that my clothes are ironed (if need be), clean and look nice together. I always wear a nice blouse with a blazer and black (high waist) pants with black heels. Monochromatic look.
- Another thing I do is research the company/school. It’s good to have a general idea of what the school or company is like before I interview so that I can ask specific questions about the company or school and the programmes they have.
- Think of questions to ask about the company/school. For example, I always ask what the classroom environments are like. Another thing I ask about is the P.D. (Professional Development) in the school.
- Think of specific examples and anecdotes. e.g. what you do when you are stuck with something, or what you do when you have a child with behavioural issues.
- Be confident. I honestly get so nervous when I have an interview but I just spend about 5 minutes before the interview breathing deeply and trying to calm myself down! Nervousness is a horrible feeling.
I hope these tips help.
They have helped me. I have a job interview tonight on skype. Even though it’s not face to face I’m still feeling worried. For example, what if the internet cuts out? What if everything goes wrong? What if I start waffling on?
My job interview preparation has been going pretty well. I had a look at the possible questions last night and thought of answers. Hopefully they don’t flee my mind as soon as I start talking though!
Wish me luck xx